Wednesday, February 8, 2012

painting lately

here

 Last night was the first night in a while that I had a block of time to spend just by myself.  In addition to updating my coat rack, I also broke out my acrylic paints and set to work on two new paintings.  I turned on Law and Order: SVU and went to town on these two canvases.  I haven't painted much since Christmas, and didn't realize how much I missed it until I sat down to work on these.

here

I realized that I need to make more of an effort to carve out time for painting.  To make it more of a priority to engage in creative pursuits that stimulate my mind and give me a sense of accomplishment.  That push me to think and to translate this thinking to something concrete and physical.

What are you trying to carve out more time for?  What are you cutting out of your life or making less of a priority to make this happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...