Friday, March 16, 2012

here's hoping I have a green thumb


dahlias
via
While my gardening plans may have been put on hold today due to rain, I have been wanting to add some colorful flowers to the front own my apartment for spring and summer.  Most who know me would agree that when I decide to do something, I usually do it big, whether I'm a beginner or a seasoned pro.  This gardening project is no different.


hollyhocks
via

While it would be easy to grab a few potted plants from Home Depot and call it a day, the flowers I really love dont come that way, or come at a high price point.  So I meandered through the aisles with my cart, looking for Hollyhock, Dahlia, Zinnia and Gladiolus seeds and bulbs that I could plant.  I also came home with Tulips and Poppies, and a few pedestrian-looking terra cotta pots and planters which I have since painted.

gladiolus
via

There is something fun and relaxing about getting your hands in the dirt and planting something that starts as a tiny seed and blossoms into flowers resembling the beauties above.  I hope I still feel this way after months of tending to my little pots.

Do you have a green thumb?  Any gardening advice for this newbie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...