Wednesday, February 8, 2012

before and after: coat rack




 Last night I decided my coat rack needed some updating.  With more and more brass items in my living room, its dark, antiqued look stuck out like a sore thumb.  I went to Michael's, my go-to craft store and picked up a can of Krylon, Metallic Spray Paint in Gold.  I looked at the brass color, but it was too yellow-y for my taste, and the gold looked warmer.


I got home, removed the coats and scarves from the rack and brought it out to my patio.  I would recommend completing a similar project in the daylight, but I work during the day, and when the makeover bug takes over, I like to strike while the iron is hot.  I sprayed the rack all over, and then went back to trouble spots (underneath some of the rack arms, the little balls on the end of each rack, etc).  Then, I let it dry for a few hours and brought it back into my house.  I'm not sure if it was necessary to wait a few hours, but the last thing I wanted was gold paint on my carpet.



 I am really pleased with the results and can't wait to use it as a coat rack again.  Have you ever used spray paint to update a piece of furniture?  How did it turn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...