Sunday, May 6, 2012

alphabet pizza


This Friday, I went to a Hawaiian Luau-themed birthday party.  Each guest was instructed to bring a Hawaiian snack.  I made a vegetarian Hawaiian pizza (read: pineapple pizza), but wanted to jazz the presentation of it up a little bit.  I got the inspired idea to try my alphabet cookie cutters out and spell out "Happy B-day Megan" in pizza.  It was a hit with the birthday girl and other guests and made it easy for people to eat bite-sized pieces of pizza.

If you try this yourself, I'd recommend going a bit lighter with the amount of sauce you spread on the pizza.  I'd also advise cutting out each letter after you rolling the dough.  I thought of the idea late in the game, so I ended up using the cookie cutters after baking the pizza.  It was much messier, and resulted in a lot of "scrap pieces" of pizza (which I had no trouble eating before the party).

Have you thought of any fun ways to use baking tools for something other than their intended use?  I'd love to hear about it in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I need to get in the habit of cooking more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza is a very easy way to get started. While the cutting the letters out took a little while, prep time for the pizza took less than 10 minutes, and bake time is 11-13. Not bad!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...