Thursday, February 9, 2012

dusty the destroyer: seat belt edition

dusty hiding in shame, hoping to blend into the pillows

Last week, Joe took me out to Chihuahua's Mexican restaurant for dinner.  Initially, I was a bit hesitant because of the name of the restaurant, but Joe assured me that he had been several times and their fajitas were really good.  Since Dusty had proven a few weeks prior that he could not be trusted to stay in Joe's house alone, we brought him in Joe's car with us.  Dusty was a champ all through dinner, and stayed peacefully in the car.

Joe and I pushed the envelope when we decided to run by the grocery store on the way back to his house to pick up a few things for the Super Bowl party we were throwing later in the week.  We were gone less than 10 minutes, and we returned to discover Dusty chewing through Joe's seat belt!  Luckily we reached him in time to prevent him from completely chewing the seat belt in half, but  Joe still had to piece it back together with duct tape before we drove off.

Fast forward to a few nights later, when we took Dusty back to the same grocery store, this time in my car.  He had been in my car for much of the day since he protested staying in my apartment while I was at work.  He then sat obediently  in the car through dinner with my parents, not so much as touching any seat belts.  However, the very short trip to the grocery store proved to be more than Dusty could handle without retaliating, and this time, Dusty was able to chew my driver's side seat belt in two.  I used a combination of knots and duct tape to piece it back together and hope to attach the two pieces together more effectively with a needle and thread.  As the saying goes, fool me once, shame on you.  Fool my twice, shame on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...