Saturday, February 11, 2012

vintage find: scarves

Hot Pink and Navy Ikat Border Print Pure SIlk Crepe de Chine Fabric--One Remnant
remnant of a pink and navy silk fabric from here
My wardrobe consists of a few tried and true basics, and I love finding inexpensive fabric or scarves to jazz them up and add variety. This ensures coworkers and my mom are less likely to notice when I wear the same thing twice in a week.  I've found scarves in my grandmother's closet, on the streets of New York, in second-hand shops and online.  I particularly like the online fabric stores on Etsy because they often sell pretty fabric by the yard and I can wear what I find and then figure out how to incorporate it into my apartment (as a pillow, wall art or something else entirely).

Here are a few available fabrics and scarves I am digging as of late:


1) Bright Abstract, fabricsandtrimmings, $17.88
2) Vera Silk Scarf, RetroReality, $24
3) French Vintage Scarf, taffetablue, $21.57
4) Silk and Rayon Velvet Tie Dye, fabricsandtrimmings, $22.88
5) Native American Print, WhimsyTime, $16
6) Bright Orange and Fucshia Stripe Nylon Spandex, fabricsandtrimmings, $9.95
7) Blocks Print Long Scarf, leahgoren, $36
8) Zig Zag Geometric Scarf, bluebutterflyvintage, $3.20
9) Two Vintage Vera Silk Long Scarves, voguevintage, $18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...