Wednesday, April 4, 2012

dusty the destroyer: bed frame edition


Dusty, in a calmer moment, resting on the bed
 I'm writing this post from the middle of my rickety bed.  The middle is the only place I can sleep without feeling like I will roll off my mattress.  The other night we had a storm.  Dusty, while usually quite calm and peaceful (at least when I'm around) sometimes flies off the handle when a storm is brewing.  The other night was no exception.  Around two o'clock in the morning, Dusty decided he just must get under the bed.  I have bins of off-season clothing and other stored items tucked under the bed, so he couldnt figure out how to get under there ( I have since moved a few bins so he can safely and easily get underneath).  The next morning, I awoke on the left side of the bed and felt like I was sinking.  When I got up, I heard the bed creak and saw the left side raise.  In all his fussing the night before, Dusty bent the bed frame.  I am hoping I can bend it back into shape, but until then, I'll be sleeping in the center of the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...