Tuesday, April 3, 2012

amazing smoothie goodness




I promise this is not turning into a food blog, but I just made the most amazing smoothie.  I liked it so much I shared little samples of it all over the office, and everyone that tried it liked it.  It smells like fresh cut grass and tastes a little like mild salsa.

I just put in all the savory vegetables I would want in a smoothie, and a few that are supposed to be especially good for you. I tasted it and threw more things in until I found a consistency and a flavor that I liked.

the goods

5 kale leaves
1 chard leaf
Handful of spring spinach mix
1/2 cup water
10 mini yellow tomatoes
5 cherry tomatoes
1/8 - 1/4 c onion
1 granny smith apple
1/8 of a green pepper
1 avocado

directions

Remove the stalk from the kale leaves and chard and break into 1-2 inch pieces. 
Combine half with half of the water in the blender and pulse for 20 seconds. 
Put second half of the kale and chard, the spring mix and the rest of the water in the blender and repeat.
Add the tomatoes into the blender.
Dice the onion, green pepper and apple and throw into the blender.
Remove the skin and pit from the avocado and add to the blender.
Pulse the mixture in the blender for 20 seconds.
Pour into a large glass and enjoy.

This makes one large smoothie (about 16-20oz) or a few smaller ones.  I had most of mine for lunch.


2 comments:

  1. Mmm this looks good!

    Just found your blog through the Girl Party link up :)

    Looking forward to reading more!

    XO
    Erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! It is delicious, and really good for you. Hope you like it as much as I do.

    Looking forward to getting to know you!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...