Monday, April 16, 2012

ranunculus


This weekend, I ran to Home Depot to grab some lattice I hope to encourage the rogue rosebush that found its way into my front yard last year to climb vertically, rather than sprawl horizontally and scratch the unsuspecting knees of visitors with all its prickly thorns.  I got distracted by these happy ranunculus on the way in and had to grab them to keep me content while the plants I'm growing from seeds slowly begin to sprout.  I love ranunculus, if only for the devil-may-care approach they have to flowering--their stems and leaves shooting out in all different directions.  As if to say, "live a little! relish in the little parts of life that are a bit untidy."  At least, that's what they convey to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...