Monday, April 2, 2012

before & after: sandals


One of my favorite dresses is a bright orange and tan colorblocked sleeveless dress.  It's a very versatile dress that can be worn to the office with a cardigan, or the zoo with sandals.  Only problem for me is that I didn't have any sandals that matched.  So I dug my old, ratty white sandals out of the bottom of my closet, grabbed some all-purpose paint that works on fabric and leather in the same color as my dress, and got to town painting my sandals.



After painting them and letting the paint dry, I applied an even coat of clear coating that helps to  protect and preserve the paint and prevent water damage.  I let the sandals sit overnight and then wore them all around town the next day.


While I will need to touch up a few spots due to people and dogs stepping on my feet throughout the day, I'm pleased with the way they turned out and will definitely be wearing them around a lot this summer.


**in other news, I am linked up on Nicole's blog today.  She is having a fun girl party, profiling several women and their blogs, so go check it out**

5 comments:

  1. I found you via the girl party! Those sandals are sooo fun! This definitely (okay, maybe) looks like something I could do, as un-crafty as I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Alyx! You could definitely do this--it's so easy. And it's pretty quick, too. I did it right before bed so the sandals could dry overnight. Let me know if you decide to try it! I'd love to see how yours turn out.

      Delete
  2. I love that you painted sandals to make them match your dress! What a great idea. I'm also visiting from Nicole's and looking forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I also happen to love the color coral and wanted to have some bright shoes in my closet for Spring. I appreciate you stopping by and look forward to learning more about you, too!

      Delete
  3. I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here. נעלי אצבע

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...