Thursday, August 30, 2012
lip-smacking good: red velvet cheesecake mousse in chocolate cups
I am always looking for delicious, party-friendly recipes that have big impact but can be made quickly and easily. This red-velvet cheesecake mousse fulfills all of this criteria. I made some for Diane's Baby Shower and had several guests ask me for the recipe. What's more, all of the mousse cups were gone by the end of the shower. My modifications to this recipe appear below:
1 1/2 c soymilk
1 box cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix
1/2 c red velvet cake mix
3/4 small tub cool whip
1 bag chocolate chips
1. Combine soymilk and pudding mix in medium bowl.
2. Mix in cake mix.
3. Fold in cool whip and use hand mixer to incorporate thoroughly.
4. Melt chocolate in microwave and pour into rounded cup mold.
5. Freeze molds until chocolate becomes hard (15-20 minutes).
6. Pop out chocolate from molds and spoon mousse into cups (you can use icing decorating tool instead of spoon if you prefer)