Friday, April 6, 2012

lip-smacking good: avocado pie

avocado pie!

My friend and I got together last night for a baking extravaganza of sorts.  I'd been itching to make avocado pie since I'd found a recipe for it, so we decided to make two--one for each of our families.  This recipe couldn't be more quick or easy.  And the results were very good!  It's the perfect desert for Spring and Summer nights.

avocado/milk/lime juice blended
the goods

filling:
2 avocados
1/2 container of sweetened condensed milk ( or make your own sweetened condensed soy milk to make it vegan)
1/4 cup lime juice
3 strawberries (optional, for garnish)

crust:
20 graham crackers
3/4 c margarine (or 3/4 c vegan margarine)

directions

dice avocados and put in blender with condensed milk and lime juice. 
blend for 20 seconds

crumble graham crackers (food processor is the best for this).
in a mixing bowl, use a fork or your fingers to mix margarine with graham cracker crumbs.
in a pie dish/pan, use your hands to form a graham cracker crust.

pour avocado/milk/lime mixture into graham cracker crust and spread evenly over the crust. 
garnish with strawberries.
chill overnight.


pre-garnish

My friend and I met this morning to taste our culinary creation.  While I would recommend it more for dessert than breakfast, we both really enjoyed the slices we had.  You an taste a hint of avocado in the tangy pie, but it is not overwhelming at all.  Reminded me of a much milder key lime pie.

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of avocado pie before, it looks really good. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love anything avocado, so this pie was right up my alley. And it did not dissapoint!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...