|my crab stuffed potatoes|
|I used small red potatoes to make bite-sized appetizers|
- 8 small baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions or chives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, cut up
- Bake potatoes at 425° for 45-55 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, halve potatoes lengthwise.
- Carefully scoop out pulp into a bowl, leaving a thin shell. Set shells aside.
- Beat or mash potato pulp with butter, cream, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Using a fork, stir in onions or chives and cheese. Gently mix in crab.
- Stuff shells. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.