Wednesday, September 12, 2012

lip-smacking good: pesto, avocado, gouda, onion and tomato pizza

homemade pesto, avocado, gouda, onion and tomado pizza

I made this pizza last night and it was a winner.  After deciding we would have pizza for dinner, I discovered that I'd left the cookie sheet I usually make pizza in at Joe's house. Undaunted and unwilling to abandon our pizza plans, I improvised by using two 8" cake rounds.  While the sauce can get a little runny and spill over into unused parts of the pan, the pizzas turned out well and I'd use the method again.  Without further ado, here's what you need to make one pizza like the one pictured above:

1/2 package whole dough
3-4 tbsp of pesto
1 1/2 slices of gouda cheese (ripped into small pieces)
1/4 c red onion (chopped)
1/3 large tomato (chopped)
1/2 a medium-sized avocado (chopped)
measurements are approximate as I eyeballed all ingredients.  Adujust as it suits your fancy.


pizza described in this post is baking on the right

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Press dough into 8" cake pan, making sure it is evenly distributed throughout the pan.  Spread pesto over dough.  Add ripped slices of gouda cheese, red onion, tomato and avocado as desired.  Bake pizza for 13-15 minutes.  Gouda will not melt completely.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...